Our "Scout Day" game this year is Saturday, October 17 when the Bulldogs take on Louisiana Tech. This year all orders are done online...nothing needs to go through the council service center.
NOTE: You will need to make one order as an entire Pack or Troop if you want to sit as a group. Individual scout families can place their own order, if you wish; however, there will be no way to group families from the same Pack or Troop to sit together if ordered this way. See ticket and ordering information by clicking the MSU logo.
Join us in supporting the Pushmataha Area Council at the SCRAMBLE FOR SCOUTING golf tournament at Lion Hills Golf Course in Columbus on Saturday, October 31st. The event includes the golf tournament, continental breakfast, lunch, tournament contests, gift for each individual player and prizes for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams. Various sponsorship levels available. Individual players and team foursomes welcome. Check out the event brochure at the link below for more information and how to sign up!
Get the Scramble for Scouting brochure here!
We are now a part of the Kroger Community Rewards program. If you shop at Kroger and use a Kroger Plus card your purchases can now also benefit our council! A percentage of all purchases, when using your Kroger Plus Card and linked to our council, and the council will receive a quarterly rewards check. It is that simple! Directions on what you need to do are found below...it took me about 5 minutes. If you shop at Kroger I ask and encourage you to enroll today and choose the Pushmataha Area Council, NPO# 87580, as your community rewards beneficiary!
PLEASE share this with the families in your Unit as well!
- To register online go to https://www.kroger.com/communityrewards
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number 87580 or Pushmataha Area Council, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
The Pushmataha Area Council has adopted a Youth Protection Training (YPT) policy. This policy went into force in November, 2014.The policy can be downloaded from the RESOURCES section on the left side of this page.
BSA National Council requires all registered leaders in the BSA to complete Youth Protection Training, and renew that training every two years. Since it is up to local councils to enforce this mandate, registered leaders in the Pushmataha Area Council now must meet the national mandate in order to remain registered as a leader in this council.
If you are keeping your YPT current, thank you! This policy won't impact you one way or the other, since you are keeping your YPT in force.
This policy will have the greatest impact on two groups of leaders.
The first group is brand-new leaders. In order for the council office to accept the new leader application, the new leader must go to Scouting.Org, create an account, and complete YPT. The certificate from that completion needs to be attached to the new leader application form before it is sent to the Columbus office. Please note that a new leader does not have to have a membership number to take the online training.
The second group is registered leaders who have not taken YPT, or who have let their YPT status lapse. If you have let your YPT lapse, just renew your YPT within 30 days, and fax or email a copy of your YPT certificate to the council office (Fax number is 662-328-7052). If you completed the YPT online using your MyScouting account, BSA should have that renewal attached to your membership record. Just to be sure, please keep that YPT certificate on hand.
Please note: Registered leaders who are not current with their YPT may not be included on the charter at recharter time.
It is up to all of us to keep our youth safe, and YPT is a great way to keep our awareness sharp.
Millsaps College in Jackson, Mississippi, has announced that it will offer a "minimum" scholarship of $60,000 to Eagle Scouts who enter Millsaps College as freshmen in the fall semester of 2015. This is the equivalent of about two years' tuition at the private Methodist college.
You can read the official announcement by following this link.
Eagle Scouts know to be prepared, and when it comes to being prepared for college, being prepared includes making sure you're not overlooking available scholarships.
For the fall, 2014 college semester, the National Eagle Scout Association awarded 86 scholarships in the 14 states that comprise the Southern Region. The scholarships ranged from $1,000 to $25,000.
Only two of those 84 scholarships were awarded to Mississippi Eagle Scouts.
Scholarships are awarded based on academics and merit. Applying is relatively easy compared to some of the other scholarship opportunities available to freshmen, so why not apply?
This link gives all the details on the scholarships.
This is the link to the scholarship application information.
Note that the scholarship window for 2015 scholarships starts October 1, 2014, and ends Dec. 31, 2014.
Let's get our NESA application numbers up, and get Mississippi (and our council) better represented in the awarding of NESA scholarships!